Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Right Words


I get excited when I find the right words,
cause it takes me so long to come to a point,
when they come freely,
the rest of the time I'm drowning,
in a sea of half-formed ideas and concepts,
and all them flowing down my throat,
blocking my air, filling my lungs,
cutting off the connection to my brain. 
....it's ironic...cause it's my greatest fear....is that the right word? 

You'd laugh at me if you saw me,
when the words come out correctly,
because I instantly fill with joy and my eyes go blurry,
I say the things, say the words,
then eventually they stop...because there's no more to say,
and you're just standing there laughing,
and suddenly it hurts, the way you're laughing,
because once the words are gone, there's nothing left,
there's only empty space being battered by laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment